SCG CON Returns!
“SCG CON is one of my favorite events.”
Gavin Verhey, Wizards of the Coast
After nearly a two year hiatus, SCG CON returns to Roanoke, Virginia on Halloween weekend… and we'd love to have you join us!
The fun begins on Thursday, October 28, when Star City Games hosts a pair of Last Chance Invitational Qualifiers, plus a special Commander Celebration Early Access event, at Downtown Roanoke's City Market Building. Make plans to join us for a relaxing day of good food, good friends and good fun to kick off an exciting SCG CON weekend!
When SCG CON's doors open on Friday morning, attendees will be greeted by a number of familiar faces, including those belonging to six fan-favorite Magic: The Gathering artists!
Of course, a convention wouldn't be a convention without a robust schedule of events, and SCG CON offers something for everyone!
- A massive Commander Celebration featuring special appearances by many fan-favorite Commander personalities, this SCG CON-exclusive Commander VS playmat, and MORE!
- Three (3) Magic The Gathering Innistrad Championship Qualifiers
- Halloween-themed "Spooky Sealed" Magic The Gathering event
- Three (3) days of events for the wildly popular Flesh and Blood Trading Card Game - including 1st Edition Tales of Aria Limited tournaments, "Learn to Play” events,"Blitz Constructed, Classic Constructed, a ProQuest+ Qualifier and MORE!*
- The Star City Games Magic The Gathering Invitational
As we return to in-person events, safety is as important to us as it is to you. Here are some of the measures we will be taking to ensure the health and safety of our players, vendors, guests, and staff.
All attendees will be required to provide a) proof that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or b) a negative COVID-19 test result.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination:
A physical vaccine card, photocopy, or digital version of your CDC-issued vaccination record. You are considered fully vaccinated fourteen (14) days after receiving your final dose. You must present a government-issued ID that matches the name that appears on the vaccination record.
Negative COVID-19 Test Result:
Test must have been administered by, or under the supervision of, a medical professional. At-home tests will not be accepted. You must present a government-issued ID that matches the name on the negative test result. The date and time of the negative test must be no longer than seventy-two (72) hours prior to entry.
- All attendees will be required to wear masks while inside The Berglund Coliseum and/or The Berglund Special Events Center, except for when eating or drinking.
- Both venues will be deep cleaned and disinfected both prior to, and during, the event.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up throughout both venues
- Plexiglass guards will be in place at each Admin area
- On-site customer service will also be available via Discord
- Online preregistration will be offered for a number of events that previously only offered on-site registration
- Newly remodeled restrooms feature contact-less sinks, soap dispensers, hand driers and automatic facilities.
- All concession stand transactions will be contact-less
- All prepared food served on-site will be served in covered containers
- All condiments, straws and utensils distributed on-site will be individually packaged
“An amazing time!”
Brian David-Marshall, Pro Tour Historian
We are excited to welcome all trading card game fans back to both SCG CON and our Roanoke, Virginia hometown. And we thank you for your understanding, support and cooperation in helping us protect the health and safety measures of our players, vendors, guests, and staff.
Seating for many SCG CON events is extremely limited, so make plans to join us, register TODAY, and come be part of the fun at October 29-31’s SCG CON Trading Card Game Convention!
* If you preordered our Star City Games-exclusive 1st Edition Tales of Aria case bundle, don’t forget to bring your "Channel Thunder Steppe" playmat to SCG CON so illustrator Mark Poole can sign it for you!